Building a Website for Dummies
The bestselling guide to building a knockout Web site, newly updated
An effective Web site is the key to success for every venture from class reunions to major corporations. And since Web technology changes rapidly, Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is fully updated for the cutting-edge tools and trends.
If you need to build and maintain a Web site, even if your experience is severely limited, this book makes it easy and fun. You’ll learn to plan, design, create, launch, and maintain your site using the most up-to-date tools.
- A quality Web presence is essential in today’s marketplace, and many individuals charged with creating one are unaware of the challenges
- This guide gives novice Web designers the tools and know-how to plan, design, and build effective Web sites
- Provides a nuts-and-bolts guide to site-building, including coverage of HTML, WYSIWYG construction software, CSS, and navigation plans
- Shows how to spruce up your site with topnotch graphics, video, and great content
- Guides you through getting your site online, promoting it, and even making money from it
Building a Web Site For Dummies, 4th Edition is the tool every first-time Web designer needs to build a professional-looking site.
From the Back Cover
- Plan and design a great-looking Web site
- Work with HTML, CSS, and navigation plans
- Collect and create content that gets attention
- Take your site online and attract visitors who come back
Web building demystified! Here’s what you need to know to create a great site
Back by popular demand and fully updated ― here’s the fun, easy, straightforward way to build a cool Web site, even if you’ve never done it before! Learn Web lingo, master HTML tags and WYSIWYG editors, make your pages look cool with graphics, add a blog, and attract an audience. You’ll even be able to get an e-commerce site open for business!
- Brush up on basics ― see how basic HTML works and compare different types of editors
- Get that look ― arrange your text for easy reading with tables, frames, and framesets, and keep everything up to date with cascading style sheets
- What’s in a name ― choose and register a domain name and select the best host for your site
- Worth a thousand words ― learn where to get free graphics and how to edit and include them in your pages
- Dress it up ― explore tricks for adding image-based buttons, audio, and video to your site
- Mean business ― discover how to set up a site for your online business, connect with search sites, and link your site to others
- Get paid ― obtain a merchant account, register with PayPal, and learn to protect yourself from credit card fraud
Open the book and find:
- Site planning tips
- How to create a basic page in Dreamweaver
- Inexpensive ways to get your site online
- What you need to know about graphics
- How to put forms on your site and process responses
- Helpful tips for a successful business site
- Ten great places to get advice
- Some super e-commerce tools
About the Author
David A. Crowder is a professor in the School of Languages at the University of Antioquia in Colombia. He has authored or coauthored more than 25 books, including Google Earth For Dummies and previous editions of Building a Web Site For Dummies.